We meet on Monday at the Fred Astaire Dance Studio
1300 E. 68th Avenue, Suite 202
Anchorage, AK 99518
- Individual Annual Registration $25
- Annual Family Registration fee $50
- 10% Sibling Discount good entire school year from Fall to Summer
- Flexible pricing is offered, including semester, monthly and drop=in rates
- Click to register
Class starts promptly. Please arrive at least 5 minutes before scheduled class to allow yourself enough time to change if needed. There is a 15-minute grace period after which no one is allowed to enter. We ask that students dress modestly in comfortable, loose clothes that are neither see-through nor revealing.
Required Attire & Supplies
- Black long- or short-sleeved scoop-necked leotard or preparation garments
- Short-sleeved T-shirt that hits mid-thigh
- Black, stretchy, athletic or jazz pants (loose fit)
- Tan jazz slippers
- Supportive, athletic undergarments (on an as-needed basis)
- Water bottle and face towel
- Bible, notebook, pen
- Exercise mat optional
- No watches, bracelets, necklaces or large earrings; stud earrings only
- Praise garments for public ministry, including overlays, dresses and ephods to wear on top of leotard and palazzo pants. Tan dance shoes will be worn for public ministry.
The class is at times fast moving, so when choosing attire please keep that in mind. You can also wear a preparation garment with a short- or long-sleeved leotard instead of a T-shirt and jazz pants. You may be required to memorize and dance the interpretation of scriptures.
Code of Conduct
In order to establish an atmosphere of praise and worship, every student must conduct themselves in a respectful manner toward one another as well as the dance instructor(s). If a student is issued a verbal warning for disrespectful behavior, their parent(s) will be contacted before the student attends the following class.
Every student is expected to arrive on time. Arriving 15 or more minutes after the beginning of class or absence from a class may result in the student missing the opportunity to minister at the annual student’s worship dance gathering, “Breakthrough Prayse”.
To encourage excellence, each student that consistently participates in the fall and/or spring semester and who works diligently to learn the choreography may qualify to minister at the annual worship dance gathering – “Breakthrough Prayse” – usually held the end of spring semester and at other events held throughout the year.